As the age continues to increase, many elderly people are in their later years, their physical condition is slowly weakening, and some diseases are prone to occur. Eye diseases are one of them, causing the elderly to see things unclear. Therefore, everyone needs to pay attention to the elderly. People’s physical changes, but also pay attention to their daily life, the five kinds of eye diseases that the elderly are prone to in their later years.
This phenomenon occurs in most people over the age of 45: it is suddenly difficult to see things at close range, and the ability to look far is still good. At a certain age, eyesight is followed. Not only that, but also the arrival of diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma.
Also known as “sexual varus”, it is one of the common eye diseases in the elderly. The patient often turns inward due to the edge of the lower eyelid. When the eye is blinked, the black eyeball (corneal) is often stimulated by the eyelashes, the tears are paralyzed, and the white of the eye (the conjunctiva) is red and congested, causing superficial keratitis. In severe cases, the black eyeball can also develop ulcers, and after healing, it forms a scorpion and affects vision. For treatment, for mild inversion, a small piece of tape can be cut onto the lower eyelid to pull the edge of the eyelid outward. If it is not effective, you can consider surgical correction, cut off some skin and muscles, and correct the position of the eyelids.
In the thinner elderly, the upper eyelids are often degraded by subcutaneous tissue and fat, the skin of the eyelids is slack, wrinkles are formed, and sometimes some black eyes can be covered. This mild droop does not require treatment, and severe surgical resection is required. Senile eyelid atrophy can be prevented by doing eyelid health massage twice a day in the morning and evening, massage the bamboo, eye and other points, which can reduce eye fatigue and improve vision. At the same time, massage the face, but also make the face skin ruddy, young and healthy.
Old people often have tears. There are many reasons for tears, such as the elderly are prone to chronic conjunctivitis, because the eyes dry and wipe the inner corner of the eye by hand, plus the loose eyelids, it is easy to cause mild valgus of the lower eyelid, the tears at the exit of the tears can not be tight Close to the eyeball, resulting in tears. Another reason for tears may be that the elderly have facial paralysis, which causes the mouth to be skewed, the lower eyelids to be closed, and the eversion to form. When the tears are turned outwards, the tears cannot be discharged through the lacrimal canal. For patients with facial nerve palsy, surgery can be done.
Commonly known as presbyopia, it occurs mostly around 45 years old. The reason is that as you get older, your muscles are getting weaker and weaker. Another important factor is that the intraocular lens hardens due to age. Like a camera, it cannot be aligned with the focal length, and the negative film is blurred. The corrective method is to wear reading glasses. If you wear presbyopic glasses, you can’t correct your vision. This may be because the fundus has been degenerated, or you have a senile cataract. You should go to the hospital for treatment.
In the early stage, there were flaky or black dot shadows in front of the eyes, but the eyes were not red and no pain. With the gradual development of cataracts, vision gradually diminished, and finally the figure is not clear, and it cannot be corrected with lenses. This is because the original transparent circular lens behind the pupil is white and turbid, forming a barrier that obscures the line of sight. Cataract is a common type. The main symptoms are not clear. Usually, you need to pay attention to the eye conditioning method, and pay attention to the appearance of presbyopia, mainly because the function of the eye is declining, causing the disease. Usually, you should focus on the way of care, and Pay attention to self-care, effectively conditioning your eyes and avoiding more effects.
How to prevent eye diseases?
The above mentioned diseases may affect the vision of our middle-aged and elderly people to a certain extent, reduce the quality of our lives, and understand some of the necessary common sense of prevention and treatment of these diseases, in addition to allowing us to do eye care and prevent diseases in advance. In addition to this, we can also reduce panic in the face of disease, so that we can know more about it and then face the disease more calmly.
There are many elderly people who feel uncomfortable, because they are afraid of troubles and are afraid of spending money. They often like to use some medicine according to their own experience. As everyone knows, there is a big hidden danger in doing so. In the process of preventing elderly eye diseases, some elderly people are accustomed to using some eye drops, but due to the physical characteristics of the elderly, the systemic function of the elderly will change to varying degrees when the disease is sick, and the common physiological changes are the total number of cells. Less sulphur, reduced total protein and intracellular water, and reduced efficacy. These physiological changes directly affect the body’s ability to respond to the outside world and the ability to metabolize the drug, making the elderly eye disease have its own particularity in the use of drugs.
1. The metabolic excretion function of the elderly is diminished, and the individual differences are large. The poisoning reaction may also occur in the smaller doses when the drug is administered. Therefore, medication should be started from a small dose, and the amount commonly used in adults should not be used from the beginning.
2. Some elderly patients with ocular diseases often coexist with several kinds of eye diseases. At this time, it is not possible to use a variety of drugs to surround them. In an attempt to cure a variety of diseases, the method of sputum medicine can only treat acute diseases and serious diseases first, and minimize the types of drugs. To avoid antagonism between certain drugs.
3. Some patients with grades are often accompanied by diseases of other organs. When using drugs, they should consider whether they are harmful to other associated diseases.
4. The self-expression ability and responsiveness of the elderly are all declining. Some diseases are difficult to be diagnosed at one time. Therefore, it is not possible to make a conclusion based on the surface phenomenon and use the medicine incorrectly. Otherwise, it will not only invalidate the treatment and increase the mental burden of the patient, and may even be due to the bright side effects of the drug have serious consequences.
5. For some elderly chronic eye diseases and degenerative diseases, no matter how to use the medicine, it can not achieve the purpose of cure.